Date of Revision: January 28, 2023
Qikspace is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other
countries. Your information, including personal information that we collect from you, may be transferred
to, stored at and processed by us and our affiliates and other third parties outside the country in
which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy
regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in your jurisdiction. We will take all
reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this
Qikspace is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection
legislation. See the contact section for contact details.
Qikspace complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of
Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the
and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the
Privacy Shield Framework, visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
We are responsible for the processing of personal data received under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequent transfers to third parties acting as agents on our behalf. Qikspace complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Qikspace is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. We commit to cooperate with the EU data protection authorities and comply with advice given by such authorities with respect to any human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Qikspace at email@example.com. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
law and the reason is compatible with the purpose for which we collected it. If we need to use your
personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the applicable legal
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask
us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
• Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
• Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
• Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
• Delete. Delete your personal information.
• Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
• Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
• Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to at firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European
Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based
on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate
protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
• Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
• For transfers to third parties in the United States, ensuring they participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
Questions or comments about the Sites may be directed to Qikspace at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org